I’m looking to build a React Native app with expo. I’m afraid of running into problems down the road so I’ll show y’all a quick glance of the features I want hoping for your help to know if they’re well supported .
Here are the features, in order of importance:
- Embedding Vimeo Plus videos, with the video pausing and resuming properly when the user puts the app in the background and comes back to it, respectively.¹
- Playing audio tracks (hosted online).
- Being able to share a link directly to a page within the app.²
- Being able to download the audio tracks to the filesystem.
- Being able to download the audio tracks within the app itself (so when the user comes to the app and clicks play, the saved track will play even when offline).
- Display PDF files in-app.
¹I’ve researched a lot about this and it’s a recurring issue among users who tried embedding Youtube videos with WebView, so I’m opting for Vimeo and hoping there’s something better than WebViews for this.
²I think this is called deep linking.
I hope some of you guys/gals who tried any of these features provide me with feedback on the matter.