Issue with detaching and generating iOS project on Windows

After all necessary steps when I execute ‘exp detach’, I get:

[exp] Making sure project is set up correctly…
[exp] Your project looks good!
Validating project manifest…
It appears you are trying to detach outside of macOS. You will require Xcode to build the resulting artefact.
Downloading iOS code…
Moving iOS project files…
Naming iOS project…
The system cannot find the path specified.
Configuring iOS project…
[exp] ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘C:\Users\XX\expo1\ios\expo1\Supporting\Info.plist’

Any ideas what could cause issue?

2 Likes

Hi @dejanp

Does the command error completely? Or do you end up with a detached Android project?

Hi,
I end up only with that error and ios folder with following folders inside:
exponent-view-template
exponent-view-template.xcodeproj
exponent-view-template.xcworkspace
that’s all.

Here is more detail debug info:
[exp] Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘C:\expo2\ios\expo2\Supporting\Info.plist’
at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:653:18)
at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:554:33)
at Object. (C:\xdl\src\detach\IosPlist.js:47:29)
at Generator.next ()
at step (C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\exp\node_modules\xdl\build\detach\IosPlist.js:118:191)
at C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\exp\node_modules\xdl\build\detach\IosPlist.js:118:437
at new Promise ()
at Object. (C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\exp\node_modules\xdl\build\detach\IosPlist.js:118:99)
at Object.modifyAsync (C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\exp\node_modules\xdl\build\detach\IosPlist.js:50:17)
at C:\xdl\src\detach\IosShellApp.js:131:31
at Generator.next ()
at step (C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\exp\node_modules\xdl\build\detach\IosShellApp.js:485:191)
at C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\exp\node_modules\xdl\build\detach\IosShellApp.js:485:437
at new Promise ()
at C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\exp\node_modules\xdl\build\detach\IosShellApp.js:485:99
at configureStandaloneIOSInfoPlistAsync (C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\exp\node_modules\xdl\build\detach\IosShellApp.js:179:18)
at C:\xdl\src\detach\Detach.js:384:9
at Generator.next ()
at step (C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\exp\node_modules\xdl\build\detach\Detach.js:667:191)
at C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\exp\node_modules\xdl\build\detach\Detach.js:667:361
at

I’m facing the same issue. Has anyone come up with a solution yet?

We released a fix for this earlier today; let us know if you are still experiencing the issue after upgrading.

I’m facing this issue on 64-bit windows. I use npm run eject for ejecting to expoKit and I get following error:

Validating project manifest…
It appears you are trying to detach outside of macOS. You will require Xcode to build the resulting artefact.
Downloading iOS code…
Moving iOS project files…
Naming iOS project…
Configuring iOS project…
Error running eject: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘D:\react_native\Navigations\ios\navigations\Supporting\Info.plist’

npm version 4.6.1
node version 6.11.4