Issues I didn't have before Expo

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 40
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS

I’ve been working on a couple of React Native projects that I had created using react-native init

I decided to give Expo a try and started a fresh version of one of these projects. It’s a really simple one too. To make sure I’m doing it right, I added all the npm packages my app needs with expo install instead of using the standard npm i

As much as I love the general idea/experience of Expo, I’m having some issues that I never had before when I was working with React Native directly.

One issue that I can’t seem to get rid of is the infamous

Your project is accessing the following APIs from a deprecated global rather than a module import: Constants (expo-constants).

I keep searching my node_modules folder for __expo. and can’t find anything. The error is pointing to the LogBox.js file under React Native Libraries.

Yet another is the Downloading JavaScript bundle: 100% message that keeps getting stuck at the bottom of the screen.

I know many others have dealt with these issues and I found suggestions, etc. but nothing so far has worked for me.

I don’t want to jump ship yet. Any advice on how to deal with these issues?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.