Linking.addEventListener unusable?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version:36.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS

I’m a little bit confused about this method. According to the docs this listener only fires if the app is opened and in the foreground. To my knowledge, in order for another app to make a deep link call to my app, it has to be foregrounded. If my app is minimized and another app makes a deep link call, my event won’t fire and I can’t detect that a call was made.

In my current situation, I am communicating and executing code via deeplinks with another application.

-My app makes call to app 2.
-app 2 opens, my app is pushed to background
-app 2 executes code, when finished - calls deeplink to my app to let it know it is done.-
-My app was not in the foreground, therefore no event is fired and my app does nothing

So how is this function supposed to work when it cannot be in the foreground when another app calls its deeplink url?

I’ve seen some solutions on this floating around, but it involves changing native code in a bare workflow which cannot be done when using an expo managed workflow.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.