I’m trying to use Expo to develop a simple app. From what I understand, Live Reload lets me edit code and see the changes appear on the Expo app for iOS. However, I get this error if I either click “production mode” or if I make a change in the code and try to get it to appear on the app.
Error that shows up on my iPhone SE Expo App (Sorry for copy and paste, I can only upload one picture!):
Could not connect to development server.
Ensure the following:
- Node server is running and available on the same network - run ‘npm start’ from react-native root
- Node server URL is correctly set in AppDelegate
- WiFi is enabled and connected to the same network as the Node Server
URL: [url here]
I’ve been googling for a couple of hours and I’ve tried:
- Running npm start instead of expo start
- Running cmd in adminstrator
- Disabling all of my A/V
My laptop and phone are definitely on the same wifi network.
Thank you for reading! If there’s any useful information that I omitted, please let me know.