Malformed InfoPlist.strings file

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 37.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

When I deliver my App to Apple Store, it returns the following error:

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, “App” . Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

ITMS-90038: Malformed InfoPlist.strings file: ‘${filePath}’

Best regards,

The App Store Team

My iOS config on app.json is the following

"ios": {
      "bundleIdentifier": "App",
      "buildNumber": "0.0.1",
      "supportsTablet": true,
      "infoPlist": {
        "UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities": [
          "gps",
          "video-camera"
        ],
        "NSCameraUsageDescription": "You can take a photo of your issue",
        "NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription": "You can send your location to the technician",
        "NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription": "You can upload a photo from your Galery to your Ticket",
        "NSPhotoLibraryAddUsageDescription": "Give permission to save a photo from a Ticket"
      }
    }

We already tried to remove the infoPlist, but the same issue happens.

Anyone have any clue about this issue?

Hey @brbyte, is this a Managed or a Bare project? Also, can you let me know how you are delivering your app to App Store Connect? Lastly, if you build a simulator build do the strings take effect properly in your permission dialogs?

Cheers,
Adam

Hey Adam, thanks for your response, It is a Managed Project, We are using “Transporter” to deliver the app to the App Store Connect. We haven’t tested the simulator.

After googling that error there is another forum that mentions localization being an issue that caused them to get this response from Apple. Can you make sure you have the appropriate configuration enabled to handle localization in an iOS app? Deploying to App Stores - Expo Documentation

There may be some error within your locales json translations.

Today we updated the SDK to 38.0.0.
I will check the locales json, thanks.

Hi,

I did a new locales json with the permissions strings and it worked. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.