Metro Bundler process exited with code 1

Have loved using Expo up till now. Apparently there have been changes since I’ve been on it. When starting a new project from the Expo UI, I receive the following “Metro Bundler process exited with code 1”. So I ended up downloading Expo CLI 2.0 by
entering “npm install -g expo-cli” in the terminal and entering “expo init” and/or “expo start” and have gotten no where. All I end up getting from the terminal is “-bash: expo: command not found”. I also end up getting into the folder of the project by using “cd project-name” and then “expo init” and/or “expo start”. That also did not work. Any help would be much appreciated Expo Community.

if you get the error “expo: command not found” not found that means that npm isn’t properly installed on your machine

Hey @vicsmu

In your terminal, what’s the output after typing the command expo --version? As the other reply stated, it’s most likely that the expo CLI was not installed properly.

-Charlie

Thank you @notbrent for the quick reply. My “npm” path is the following “…./.npm-packages/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js”. In what order should the “npm” be in?

hi! you should google for help installing node and npm on your platform, there are lots of existing resources out there to help. something like this seems related https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14803978/npm-global-path-prefix

@charliecruzan, after typing “expo - -version” I receive the same output as before “expo: command not found”. Thank you for your assistance. I will now try @notbrent ’s recommendation and hopefully that gets it going.