Migrating CRNA project to Expo

I’m currently using Expo push notifications for my CRNA project, but this isn’t recommended/most likely will break eventually.

I have two options, either detach project and use react-native-push-notification or migrate to Expo. I find migrating to Expo probably easier so I’m trying that now.

I downloaded the “Expo XDE” application on my desktop and tried running a new project through LAN connection. However, it connects me to Ethernet adapter IP address, but I’m trying to connect it to my Wireless LAN WiFi adapter IP address.

I’ve tried doing export REACT_NATIVE_PACKAGER_HOSTNAME='[LAN ip address]' in GitBash terminal under the project directory, but this doesn’t change anything. (I left my USB cable at home so I can’t use tunnel).

I couldn’t find a fix for the problem above, so I also tried using expo-cli tool, but whenever I run expo init, I get something like:

C@chris-pc MINGW64 ~/desktop (master)
$ expo init
[10:52:21] Input is required, but expo is in non-interactive mode.
Required input:
> Choose a project name:

C@chris-pc MINGW64 ~/desktop (master)

I can’t type anything in the “Choose a project name:” since it stops reading for user input immediately.

A fix for either one of the two above would be helpful (I’m running Windows 10 on Dell XPS 13, if that helps). Thanks

Hmmm… I’m not sure how the LAN IP address is selected.

We’ll take a look at this later when the person who works on the command line tools is back from vacation.

In the meantime, you could try configuring the IP address by modifying the code in xdl and npm linking a your private version of xdl from expo-cli, and set the host that way.

code is here: https://github.com/expo/xdl/tree/master/src

1 Like

Thanks,

For now I ended up just getting it working by using tunnel option and scanning through QR Code.

But still would be nice to have option to change LAN IP address eventually.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.