Missing Push Notification Entitlement from Apple

Hello,

I’m using your EXPO push notification service.
Then when I upload the app to TestFlight, I got the email from apple.

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, “SEIMU” 1.0.0 (13). Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the “aps-environment” entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the “aps-environment” entitlement. Xcode does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor’s Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see Local and Remote Notification Programming Guide: Configuring Remote Notification Support.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

How can I fix this?

Kind Regards

• go to app id in apple developer portal
  • enable push notifications there
  • rebuild application (and recreate provisioning profile)
    expo build:ios --clear-provisioning-profile --revoke-credentials

for new app ids we are enabling it on creation, but for existing you need to do this manually

Rebuild application is first and then recreate provisioning profile
or recreate provisioning profile is first?

expo build:ios --clear-provisioning-profile --revoke-credentials
this command will do both (first recreates provisioning profile and then builds the application)

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.