NPM installation has disappeared after installing Expo and Yarn

I’ve installed the Expo-CLI using Node and NPM to begin my journey in learning React Native.

I was successful in getting the beginning of the project going and Xcode / Android Studio are working with the simulators.

The problem occurred once I installed Yarn, however this was part of the instructions in the React Native tutorial.

Now, when I check for the NPM version I get “-bash: npm: command not found”: npm -v

If I even try to install NPM I get " -bash: npm: command not found": npm install npm@latest -g

Now I understand this isn’t directly a question about Yarn, but I was prompted by the Expo-CLI to install Yarn in the process of installing Expo.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Where did my installation of NPM go? I did not uninstall it. I’ve had it installed on my machine forever.

Expo CLI 3.18.6 environment info:
System:
Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 12.16.2 - /usr/local/bin/node
IDEs:
Android Studio: 3.6 AI-192.7142.36.36.6392135
Xcode: 11.4.1/11E503a - /usr/bin/xcodebuild

OK, I solved this.

I have no idea how my installation of NPM has disappeared and I have had it on my system for many years now way before I started using Expo, but I just re-downloaded Node from their website and installed it again. After that, NPM was back on my system again and I was able to continue working with the Expo CLI.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.