Our builds need updating: Apple message ITMS-90725

When uploading a new build to TestFlight, Apple said " ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 12.1 SDK. Starting April 2020, all iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later, included in Xcode 11 or later."

I’ve held steady on expo CLI + SDK (33) + XCode versions instead of upgrading simply for stability for our app.

And I hoped that doing an ios:build would completely use the expo servers but now I think I’m incorrect and that my local XCode version is the problem and I’ll need to upgrade to my macOS and XCode.

Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks
Per

Expo CLI 2.21.2 environment info:
System:
Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 10.15.1 - /usr/local/bin/node
Yarn: 1.13.0 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
npm: 6.4.1 - /usr/local/bin/npm
Watchman: 4.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/watchman
IDEs:
Xcode: 10.2.1/10E1001 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
@storybook/react-native: ^4.0.0 => 4.1.18
expo: ^33.0.0 => 33.0.7
react: 16.8.3 => 16.8.3
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-33.0.0.tar.gz => 0.59.8
react-navigation: ^3.11.0 => 3.12.1
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 2.21.2

I’ve updated my expo-cli to the latest and XCode to v11. But I’m still having issues: expo build:ios still seems to have produced a package “built with the iOS 12.1 SDK”.

Any comment or help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Per

Still having an issue. Anyone have suggestions?

Hi,
Our builders are using xcode 11, but actual sdk binaries for sdk-33 were built with older xcode, upgrading to latest sdk should fix the issue. You’ll need to upgrade anyway because sdk 33 will be dropped with sdk37 release. Your local xcode version is not affecting builds in any way (unless you are using turtle-cli).

If it’ll be necessary to build with newer version(than 11.0.0) we will upgrade our workers before that deadline.

Thank you. I was beginning wonder if the SDK build was the issue, appreciate the confirmation.

@wkozyra Quick follow up - you suggest I need to go all the way to the latest SDK. But the SDK 35 also supports iOS 13. Though the announcement doesn’t mention it, wondering if it’s also built on XCode 11.

yes it’s built with xcode 11, you could upgrade to sdk35, but if you want to stay longer on one version upgrading to the latest makes more sense.

Thank you, appreciated. Yes, agreed - longer life on a new SDK vs stability, timing, or conflicts with required updates keep us on an older SDKs. Much appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.