Payment Options & detaching

I understand this is a bit of cliche topic but I need to accept monthly subscription for my app. I googled a bit and concluded that IAP cannot be done without detaching. So, how does it work? Will I be able to use packages like " react-native-iap" after detaching? I have also used a lot of expo features like ImagePicker, Constants, Push Notification and Facebook Login, so after detaching would I lose all these features and will I have to re-implement all these features?

Further, after detaching, if I have to add a feature, will I be able to do it in plain react-native way? Will I have to re-detach (or rebuild ios and android folders every time)?

2 Likes

This subject is highly uncovered in the documentation. For me it was a surprise that I should “detach” almost in all real life cases, which makes this a default scenario when you are building anything outside of hobby app.

After detachment you will be able to use the ExpoKit (“expo” npm package) and all your functionality should still be accessible. (I’m not that confident about Push Notifications through)

if I have to add a feature, will I be able to do it in plain react-native way?

Yes, and also you can use ExpoKit functionality along side with any other libraries.

Will I have to re-detach (or rebuild ios and android folders every time)?

No, detach is done only once and it creates a native projects for you in ios/ and android/ folders. From now you should build those projects with XCode and Android Studio correspondingly.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.