Currently running a detached application using expokit, Originally started on SDK 27, now updated to SDK 31. Issue is occurring on iOS.
After running getAsync(Permissions.NOTIFICATIONS) I am returned undetermined and so I run askAsync(Permissions.NOTIFICATIONS).
When askAsync runs on a device for the first time (clean install) it appropriately brings up the enable notification alert. However, on subsequent runs it simply does not resolve, does not even throw an error. I understand that iOS doesn’t allow showing this popup after a user has declined, but askAsync should still resolve in some way.
I have found github issues where supposedly this was fixed, however this issues still persists on our project. In the mean time I have set a timeout on askAsync, but this is not the most ideal solution.