Play Store issue about Family Ads Program

After ejecting to bare work flow, we are using following commands to build which are same as in the link you mentioned.

"aab-build": "cd android && gradlew bundleRelease",
"apk-build": "cd android && gradlew assembleRelease",

Can you please let us know any technique/tool using which we can locate where the Facebook SDK is and also how to uninstall/remove it from the project manually?

@notbrent we are also still getting rejected after ejecting and using Android Studio to build. This is our list of modules captured from Android Studio. I don’t see any unauthorized SDKs for the Families Program in this list, but Google is still claiming them. We reached out to them to provide more information but has been quiet.

i don’t have a good answer for you, could you try to get more information from google about what they are specifically finding? you can ask them what symbols they are detecting that they are associating with the facebook sdk, and that is something that we can work with here.

I’ve put in a request to Google for more details on what the problem is, I’ll report back when I get an answer.

Finally had a reply from Google Play.

All they will tell me is that the app contains use of Facebook SDK which is not allowed in apps that are in the Family Ads Program.

Really not sure where to go from here

Same thing for us, Google replied to us yesterday finally, basically the same automated email they’ve sent us before. We’re stuck as well even after converting to the bare workflow.

We have detected the use of Facebook SDK , which is not allowed in apps that are in the Families program. An ad SDK is not allowed if it has not self-certified its compliance with Play’s Families Ads Program (certified ad SDKs), or it is non-COPPA compliant per its own public documentation. Please note, the status of SDKs often changes and it is your responsibility to review documentation of all SDKs used in your app to ensure compliance with Families policies.

1 Like

Hello this is the reply from Google Play team when I asked for more details about app rejection.

Hi *****,

Thanks for contacting the Google Play team.

I see your app, ********* , was resubmitted earlier and is currently under review process.

Please note that it will take some time for your app to be processed for publishing on Google Play.

However, please refer to our previous email (Ticket No: XXXXXXX), as your app ( Closed Testing Track App Bundle Version: 1 ) still contains a non-certified ad SDK [ Facebook Ads SDK ] that is not compliant with the Families Ads Program.

Unfortunately we are unable to comment further on the specific basis of your issue as we are not able to provide technical support for your app. Thanks for your understanding that I am able to help you with issues related to Google Play policies only.

You can read through the APIs and SDKs section (#5) of the Families Policy Requirements.

Additionally, I see that you have not deactivated your non-compliant Version code in your latest submission. Please note that all active APKs ( including Alpha, Beta, production and internal testing ) of your app should be compliant with our policy. Once an APK gets enforced for policy violation, it will remain as a violating version code. Please make sure to deactivate the APK Version code mentioned above and increment the version number of the APK.

Thanks for your understanding and for your continued support of Google Play.

Regards,

The Google Play Team

The mail was received on 13th Nov and when I saw Google Play Console Dashboard the Latest version of app was shown as review. And today when visited the dashboard the app was shown live.
What I found was I have a closed testing track and a open testing track. The closed testing track was updated to the latest version code of the app while the open testing track was still on version 1, so as per mentioned in mail Please make sure to deactivate the APK Version code mentioned above I updated open testing track by creating new release of latest version code.

Hi! I have the same issue that my app was rejected. I did a Robo test with fire with firebase and on some devices I got this error message. I’m not shure if it is releated to this problem, but maybe it helps:

there is a simple application I use firebase. I do not use ads. Posting was denied with similar warning. Has this solution worked for you?

I don’t think this must be a problem. Because I also have same warnings but my app is accepted. You should deactivate the version code apk/aab from play console dashboard that was rejected

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.