PlayStore rejected SDK Minimum level 28 in Android

Hello, I’m using Expo SDK 31 to build an App

I finished and when I loaded at Play Store I got the following message:

Upload failed

Your app currently targets API level 26 and must target at least API level 28 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance. Change your app’s target API level to at least 28. Learn how.

How can I set the minimum level to 28?
or if it can be done jet, which are the SDK from Expo that I have to upgrade mi SDK from 31

Thanks!

You need at least SDK 33. I suggest you upgrade to SDK 32 first, make sure it works and commit those changes, then upgrade to SDK 33, make sure it works and commit those changes and then do the same with SDK 34 if you want to go all the way to the latest SDK version. Then if you have problems it will be easier to revert or figure out where the problem is.

64-bit support and Android App Bundles

SDK 34 includes support for 64-bit-enabled Android builds that also make use of Android App Bundles (AABs). 64-bit support will be required for new updates to apps on the Google Play Store starting August 1st.

We introduced 64-bit support for SDK 33 projects a couple of weeks ago, and support will continue for SDK 33 projects. This means that starting August 1st, in order to submit new app updates to Google Play, your project will need to be built with SDK 33 or 34.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.