Problem running "exp ios"

I just upgraded expo on my desktop to 2.8.0.

When I try to run exp ios on an iOS Simulator device that does not yet have the expo app installed, I get the following error in the output:

$ exp ios
[11:58:16] Downloading latest version of Expo
[11:58:16] Installing Expo on iOS simulator
|[11:58:17] Error running `xcrun simctl install booted /Users/yuran/.expo/ios-simulator-app-cache/Exponent-2.8.0.app`: An error was encountered processing the command (domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain, code=22):
Failed to install the requested application
The bundle identifier of the application could not be determined.
Ensure that the application's Info.plist contains a value for CFBundleIdentifier.

[11:58:17] Error installing or running app. Error: Process exited with non-zero code: 22

When I look at /Users/yuran/.expo/ios-simulator-app-cache/Exponent-2.8.0.app, it appears to be an empty directory. Removing that directory and re-running causes that directory to get created, but nothing actually seems to get downloaded to it.

Hey @yuran, sorry for the inconvenience, we’re trying to fix this issue asap! You can try doing it again as we just reverted the simulator build to the previous one that doesn’t include SDK30.

Hi @yuran - this should be working now.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.