Problems with Share Dialog Language

Hello, I have a problem with the Share dialog. My system language is german, but the dialog is in english. an anyone help me?

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 36.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): ios

Hi

I think this issue and this feature request are related to this.

Since Expo has support for certain Info.plist keys I wonder what would happen if you added the following to your app.json:

{
  "expo": {
    "ios": {
      "infoPlist": {
        "CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations": true
      }
    }
  }
}

If you give the above a try, please let us know whether or not it works. If it does not work I suggest you upvote the feature request in addition to letting us know the outcome.

Problem is „smaler“ but not solved. The action are not translated. See Screenshot

Strangely “Kopieren” is. :thinking:

I wonder what defines those untranslated strings. I assume they are translated when sharing from other apps?

Yes, in other apps the labels are translated. Other device same problem: creppy

This is also something I would love to know. It’s not only the share sheet, also the Camera buttons (which are “Cancel” instead of “Abbrechen” for me. I also posted a thread but haven’t received anything so far.) I’ll check out your suggestion too!

I think, it has to be "CFBundleDevelopmentRegion": "de"

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/cfbundledevelopmentregion

When I set this in a bare XCode project, my labels and buttons are german. Not working in Expo right now, I will build a simulator build and report back!

So, I added:

"CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations": true,
                "CFBundleDevelopmentRegion": "de"

And now it’s working perfectly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.