System:
Shell: 4.4.20 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 12.13.1 - /usr/local/bin/node
Yarn: 1.21.1 - /usr/bin/yarn
npm: 6.12.1 - /usr/local/bin/npm
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.13.1

After upgrading to this version of Expo CLI, when new Vue Native apps are created, the project name is not displayed in the Expo app in the Recently In Development or the Recently Opened sections on my Android or iOS phones. Instead, it says “Blank Template on sandboxVM”. The command issued to create the new Vue Native apps: vue-native init my-test-app. The previous version of Expo CLI was 3.11.1 and it would display the project name normally; for instance “my-test-app on sandboxVM”. So, two questions:

1. How do I change the name from “Blank Template” to the app’s name on the Vue Native projects that have been created since this upgrade?
  2. What should be done to get the project name to automatically appear on the phone (like it used to) when a new project is initialized?

I faced the same issue and I was able to solve the problem by changing the value of the “name” key to the name of my project inside the app.json file.
Yours will be “name”: “Blank Template”. Changed it to “name”: “name of your project” and restart the project by running expo start or npm start
{
“expo”: {
“name”: “MealApp”,
“slug”: “MealApp”,
“privacy”: “public”,
“sdkVersion”: “36.0.0”,

Hope this helps

Yes - this helped! Changing the value for the “name” key resolved the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.