Published project not updating anymore

Has something changed in the publishing procedure this past week, or did I mess up something on my end?

When republishing an app through the Expo Dev Tools, I used to be able to immediately see any applied changes/updates, when opening the app in the Expo Client on my phone,

Unfortunately, this is no longer happening with the app I am currently working on. I keep seeing the old version in the Expo Client, as if it cached it or something, and the only way to workaround that is by using a different release channel (e.g. expo publish --release-channel v2, expo publish --release-channel v3 etc,) and opening that particular release.

I tried deleting the project through the expo.io web UI, and then recreating it through the CLI with expo publish, but without luck - Expo Client was still loading the old version. The app was originally created with Expo CLI 2.2.3, but I have upgraded to 2.2.5 since the last expo publish, so I’m wondering if that plays a role?

I’d appreciate your advice and assistance

Pasting the expo diagnostics output just in case:

Expo CLI 2.2.5 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 4.4.19 - /bin/bash
    Binaries:
      Node: 8.12.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/bin/node
      npm: 6.4.1 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/bin/npm
    IDEs:
      Android Studio: 3.2 AI-181.5540.7.32.5056338
    npmPackages:
      expo: ^30.0.1 => 30.0.1
      react: 16.3.1 => 16.3.1
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-30.0.0.tar.gz => 0.55.4
      react-navigation: ^2.16.0 => 2.16.0
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 2.2.5
1 Like

Could you check if downgrading to 2.2.3 solves issue? That would be helpful to start investigating this.

Also I believe there is 2.2.6 already - could you check there also? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice @jakubste. It turned out expo publish is working perfectly fine. It was the Expo Client on my phone that was caching the old version of my app. Clearing the data from Settings -> Application Manager -> Expo -> Storage did the trick.

Is this normal though? I don’t remember doing this before.

Expo running on my phone is version 2.9.0

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.