Push Notification Payload: Other Properties

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 37
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS/Android

Hi I have a server that sends push notifications for a previous app built using Cordova. I am trying to get my Expo apps iOS/Android to play nice with that push notification payload. For the most part it is working fine. However, the server-side puts the resource URL for the notification into a custom property on the payload called urlToLaunch which is at the same level as badge, alert, data etc. This is a non-standard property and the Cordova app was able to access it. However, it seems by the time the payload makes it to the Expo code, and when I log the notification data, that custom property is not present at all.

Is there a way to access the raw notification payload without it being modified by something upstream? This is my assumption of what is probably happening, but if anyone has any other ideas or insights, would love the help.

I should note, that I am not using the Expo push notification path, I am utilizing AWS by first getting the device token through Notifications.getDevicePushTokenAsync(). And to be clear the notifications come through just fine, its only that the properties I am looking for are not present.

Cheers.

Matt

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.