Push notification question

Hello!

I have a small question about the push notification system of expo.
I’m new to creating applications in native react and I wanted to create a small project to try this functionality.
So I added a little script in my app to get my user token (simple console.log to test). I checked that with the token I could send a notification via a postman request. All seems good! But I’m a little afraid for the rest.

What I would like is to make calls with a .net web application in order to send notifications to my users (in iOS and android).

However, the schema of the documentation makes me doubt.

I don’t understand why while the functionality is currently working I will need firebase if we already have a backend and a database?

Finally, I was also wondering something else. In order to operate the push system, I had to be logged into my expo account. How does it work in production?

Can you enlighten me on it? :slight_smile:
Thank you in advance

Hey @kabli,

Rather than try to explain things with broad brush strokes can you provide some specific concerns you have so that I can attempt to address them? We have numerous companies using Expo and the push notification service so that hopefully should provide some solace and give users confidence in the system.

Cheers,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.