[Push notification] Unable to retrieve the FCM server key for the recipient's app

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 37.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  • I’m building multiple whitelabel apps from one project directory, they only have separate app.json config files (e.g. app.json, app.<wl-name-1>.json, app.<wl-name-2>.json etc.). All apps are in 1 Firebase project as well and they share the same api key. When I trigger a notification, I just get notifications with 2 apps (one production app and one built in the staging environment), the rest of the production whitelabel apps cannot receive notifications with error Unable to retrieve the FCM server key for the recipient's app. Make sure you have provided a server key as directed by the Expo FCM documentation.
  • I am already logged in to my expo account and checked with command expo push:android:show, and saw the api key on expo is the same with server key in firebase
  • I tried to clear api key and re push it, but they are still not working
  • Hope this helps and thanks a lot!
1 Like

hi! since you’re using custom app.json files for each project, you need to pass the --config flag to expo push:android:upload and expo push:android:show commands, i.e.:

expo push:android:show --api-key <api key here> --config ./path/to/app.custom.json
1 Like

Yeah! It worked! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Such a great team. I really appreciate it, thank you so so much!

Awesome :smile: glad to hear that worked

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.