Push Notifications Key iOS

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version:35.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all):iOS

Hi,
I have the following problem:
I have a native iOS project (which has nothing to do with my expo projects) for which I need the .p8 file to enable push notifications which is created once you register a new Key and which can be download only once.
Since I enabled push notifications for my expo projects (actually just one app but staging/prod versions of it) Expo created those two keys:

Unfortunately I cant create a new Key for push notif. because I have “reached the max allowed number of Keys for this service…”:

So I see only two ways how I can handle this problem:

1. I somehow manage to get the .p8 file that was created for either one of the keys. Is that possible? if yes how?

2. I revoke both keys and create a new one and I try to use this single key for my native project as well as the two Expo projects. But then I have to re-configure my expo projects somehow.

Id prefer the first option but what do you think?

PS: I saw a similar post like that but it wasnt clear to me how/from where he managed to download the .p8 file …

Best regards,
Marko

push notification key is server side credential so it does not require to change anythin in your project.

You can download p8 file from expo using expo fetch:ios:certs, if you have p8 file configured in native project locally it should be in your keychain

Hi wkozyra,
thanks for the reply!
yeah I tried expo fetch:ios:certs but I get the message:

Dont know what to do from here on?

Ah i got it! was using wrong config!
Thx a lot mate
Br

1 Like

You need to run that in expo project that has push notification set up already.
If this project have push notifications configured then:

• make sure that you have latest expo-cli installed
  • check what is displayed expo credentials:manager

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.