2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all
export default class AppleEula extends React.Component {
  static navigationOptions = {
      title: 'AppleEula',
      header: null,
      gesturesEnabled: false, // this line
  };
}

I had this code in my react native app. Navigating to this screen from my App.js would animate the transition and then just travel to a blank white screen. I spent a whole day trying to figure it out. The worst part – this blank thing was happening with some screens and not with other screens. I just figured out what caused the problem. It was that line with the comment.

gesturesEnabled: true (on the screen which I am navigating to) seems to fix the problem.

Another way to fix the problem was to take the navigate() line out of my setTimeOut() method in App.js. But I needed that to be inside setTimeOut() so my animations could play out. Have no idea why this is but I almost broke my production app and my entire sign up process because of this error. It is not mentioned in the docs and has no available solutions. I am posting this just to help others who might face this.

I don’t know how this bug came about, but Expo Team, please please fix this!

1 Like

Hi. That is rather surprising, but it seems that the React Navigation team might be the best place to report this:

https://reactnavigation.org/en/help.html

same problem

you can try

gestureResponseDistance: {
horizontal: -9999
}

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.