Received mail from Apple about the Deprecated API: UIWebView

Hi, @adamjnav

I am not OP but I can give you the exact email.

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app XXXX. Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs . See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more information.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

This is our first submission to the app store and our app will not get published due to this. Maybe updates still work though.

Thanks

Hey @shoppy,

That message appears to be the same as others have previously shared. As well, the wording from Apple leads me to strongly believe the app was not rejected (at least not for this reason) as they state “Your delivery was successful” and use the wording “Apple will stop accepting submissions”. Can you confirm that you are unable to proceed with the normal steps of App Store releases?

Just to throw my hat in here im seeing an almost identical message to what aeife is seeing when I grep for UIWebView,

I’m in the process of uploading a brand new app and yes I get the same email as everyone else but apple have allowed it to go into the store.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.