- SDK Version: 35
- Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS and Android
I want to try out AWS Transcribe Streaming in Expo. One possibility might be to do it in a webview using something like this sample, but ideally I’d prefer to do it without a webview.
As far as I understand it, this requires a few pieces:
- Generate a pre-signed URL. This should be no problem.
- While recording audio, break it into chunks.***
- Handle the encoding of chunks of audio (event stream encoding). I think the code from the sample should work for this.
- Use the WebSocket module to transfer the encoded audio chunks to AWS and get the responses. I think this should not be a problem.
So the main problem seems to be breaking the audio into chunks while recording. Is this possible using the Audio module or some other way?