Removing Expo branding from notifications

I just started doing tests with Expo and notifications. I’ve managed to register my unique token and tried sending a test notification with this tool.

My Android phone with the .apk installed receives the notification, however the notification comes up with Expo branding.

After a quick Google I found this article in the documentation which explains how to change the notification icon, however I cannot find how to change the text next to the notification from “Expo” to my own brand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@creativiii I believe that text is the name of the app that got the notification. If you are running in development mode, and using the Expo app, then it’s expected to see that Expo there. Once you build your standalone app, then the name of your app should appear there instead.

1 Like

I actually realised shortly after posting this that I was calling the wrong push token so the notification was coming through the expo app.

Couldn’t edit the thread because it was in approval queue!

Thank you for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.