[Resolved] App crush and reloaded, detect why.

I have an app which is works great on expo.
The problem is the when I try to run in as standalone app it crushes and reload.
A. About the crush itself, I suspect that it related to permission - due the app crushes when I try to use saveToCameraRoll.

In the main component’s componentDidMount I’m asking for permission of the camera

const { status: cameraStatus } = await Permissions.askAsync(Permissions.CAMERA);

and in the app.json I have "permissions": [ "CAMERA", "WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"]. Is there anything I missing here?

B. I’m wrapping all of my methods, including the one who call saveToCameraRoll with try / catch and I post a log in each catch but this log never sent. How can I know what cause the error which crushing my app.

Thanks!

Hi @moshfeu - have you tried adding "READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" to the permissions in your app.json?

@esamelson thanks for the reply. Yes. Same result. And why it needed?

Turns out that the missing point was to ask permission for cameraRoll in componentDidMount which is so make sense, so, shame on me :neutral_face:

const { status: cameraRollStatus } = await Permissions.askAsync(Permissions.CAMERA_ROLL);

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.