Response error code: 500 after installing node modul

Hi everybody,

im facing an error that i’m unable to resolve. I’m also quit a newbie with expo, but i read many threads and tried many workarounds, nothing helped.

So my problem is: I want to install a npm modul (react-csv) which i did with

npm install react-csv --save

(i also tried to install it globally). The modul appears in my node_moduls directory in my expo project directory. Now im trying to import that module with

import { CSVLink, CSVDownload } from 'react-csv';

And here is where the drama begins. I’m getting thefollowing error message on my phone:

As soon as i delete the import line in my code, the error disappears. I also tried to renew the link for the moduls with:

react-native link

Other moduls i did import are working fine:

import { Constants, Accelerometer, Audio } from 'expo';
import { StyleSheet, Text, View, Image, Button } from 'react-native';
import { Ionicons } from '@expo/vector-icons';

I really hope somebody can help me, because its frustrating. I would be reallythankful. Yet i didn’t find any solutions that fits, so i guess this would be helpful for other people as well.

It seems to me that you are using React components in the React Native which is why it returns response error code 500.

It looks like this error message is related to HTML attributes being unavailable in RN. I’d recommend trying a CSV library that’s compatible with RN, you can check native.directory for a curated list of supported libraries.

Also, note that react-native link doesn’t do anything be default in a normal/un-detached Expo project.