Screen Orientation Not Locking Top Status Bar

My app is locking the screen orientation to portrait mode but the top status bar is still rotating to landscape. Is there a decent way to keep it locked?

Hm, sounds like a bug. Is this on iOS or Android? Can you provide a snack that reproduces it?

This is an iOS only issue as far as I can tell. What do you mean by providing a snack? An example?

Oops, I meant an example, yeah. We often use Snack for that because it’s easy to share small reproducible self-contained Expo apps.

After doing a little bit of testing it only seems to happen after a Live Reload. Will this be a problem after publishing or ejecting the application? Thanks for responding!

Also tried to test that on another iOS phone and I wasn’t able to reproduced the error. So I’m not really sure what’s going on with it.

Interesting. So far I don’t think we’ve had any reports of this happening in a published/standalone/ejected app. My guess is that this is weird bug with the Expo Client app we use for project development. Let me know if you find a reliable repro case, I’d love to fix it.

Okay thanks for the help. I’ll get back to you if I find a way to reproduce the problem or encounter it again. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.