- SDK Version: 37
- Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS (i haven’t tried in Android)
Firstly, thanks for releasing so many valuable updates in SDK 37.
I am trying to test Firebase Analytics within my Expo Client app. Separately, I am also trying to test Firebase Analytics within my iOS APK in TestFlight. I have been following the details on the following links using firebase analytics with expo and the detailed guide you recommend here.
The part that gets me confused is this one:
The Github link in the quote above does not give any concrete info on how to use the JS bundle for Expo client.
Here are the steps I’ve taken thus far, this may helps others trying to do the same…
- Setup Firebase app
- Connect Firebase app to Google Analytics
- Make sure the iOS app is correctly setup in Admin / Properties / Data Streams
- Make another app but this time WEB inside Admin / Properties / Data Streams
- Get the Measurement ID from this newly created WEB app (note that the iOS app does not have a measurement ID, it took me a long time to figure this step out)
- Create a TAG in Google Tag Manager that is trigged by ALL EVENTS and is connected to the measurement ID from step 5. (this information is almost impossible to find, I pasted a link at the bottom that talks about this)
- Put the measurement ID in the app.json as per the documentation in the first link way above.
- Open Expo Client on my phone (or simulator) and interact with my app
- Here is where it starts to fall apart…I am clicking around all of Analytics with my Expo Client app open and I data doesn’t appear (even after 24 hours). I’ve looked at DebugView and Real Time views.
Some other helpful links I have found:
What part am I missing so that I can see Analytics running while in my Expo Client?