SDK 41 - rejected on iOS for UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 41
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Upgraded from SDK 40 to 41, a few code updates but nothing that can be bring this error I received from Apple while submitting the app:

Guideline 2.3 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We were unable to install the app on iPad and iPhone. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in the Info.plist is set in such a way that the app will not install on iPad and iPhone.

Even if I have this in my app.json:

"expo": {
    "ios": {
      "supportsTablet": true,
     }
}

Could you please help me on that?

Thanks,
David

Hey @keslerd, this seems rather odd. Could you try building a simulator ipa and installing it on an iPad simulator? If you’re able to install it, I’m tempted to recommend that you simply submit again as is. In our experience, there are times when Apple submission issues come down to a reviewer error or mistake on their end and the developer doesn’t actually need to change anything.

Cheers,
Adam

2 Likes

Hey @adamjnav, thanks for your feedback! I submitted the exact same build with a newer version of the app, it went successfully through Apple process…
Very strange!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.