Specific content push notifications

Hi! I need some word of advise for a new project a client is asking me to start. The thing is really simple, here the requirements:

• They publish articles promoting town hall activities for several cities around the state (just for one particular Argentinian state) in a website
  • The website will have tools to filter town hall activities by city
  • The client wants to develop a mobile app to view those activities as on website (with city filters)
  • The user may subscribe to one or many cities in order to receive notifications of new town hall activities and to get another notification when city subscribed activities are near in date (maybe the day before)

The thing I’m struggling with is how can I set up push notifications with Expo for various cities? I’m thinking to present a popup view with a city list and the user should check all cities they want to get notified, that part is ok for me, but how can I tell Expo-Website Backend - whatever, that I want to get notified of new/near town hall activities of those selected cities?

Thanks a lot in advise!

The Expo push service lets you send notifications to specific devices. Choosing which devices should receive which notifications is completely up to your server.

how can I tell Expo-Website Backend - whatever, that I want to get notified of new/near town hall activities of those selected cities?

You would tell your own server code that the user wants notifications about a city, and your server is responsible for sending notifications through the Expo push service to the right people at the right time.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.