Splash screen -- portrait vs landscape?

Are there any controls (in app.json) to handle showing the splash screen in portrait vs landscape mode?

For instance: having two different images for the two orientations? Or locking the image to portrait mode (even if the app supports both)? Or even changing the resizeMode?

I believe someone made a feature request for something similair like this. I don’t believe this is possible as of now. You could add a comment to the feature request on canny.

This is sort of the opposite problem. I am seeing the loading screen render in landscape mode, but I actually want to lock it to portrait mode (while allowing the rest of my app to be portrait or landscape).

This is what my app does automatically. Its really strange that your splashscreen is being showed in landscape mode. How did you create your project?

The regular way? I believe it was with expo init on the cli. Copied my js files over (was using an older version before and upgraded). I’m currently on 2.2.0. My app.json looks like:

{
  "expo": {
    "sdkVersion": "30.0.0",
    "platforms": [
      "ios",
      "android"
    ],
    "version": "1.0",
    "orientation": "default",
    "icon": "./assets/...",
    "splash": {
      "image": "./assets/...",
      "resizeMode": "contain",
      "backgroundColor": "#2E2E2E"
    },
    "updates": {
      "fallbackToCacheTimeout": 0
    },
    "assetBundlePatterns": [
      "**/*"
    ],
    "android": {
        "xxxdpi": "...",
      },
    },
    "ios": {
        "image": "...",
      },
    }
  }
}

With …'s containing some file paths, other args, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.