SQLite gets resetted with Expo version upgrade

SDK Version: Update from 32 to 34
Platforms: Tested with Android/iOS

Hello there!

I’m upgrading a Expo project from v32 (32 Bit) to v34 (64 Bit). While the whole process went relatively smooth, one thing is very critical: the 34-App seems to be unable to access the SQLite data from the previous version when updating the app. Everything that was stored to the device with the v32-App is gone or inaccassible (or deleted?) after the update.

During the update process, I needed to change the way SQLite was integrated into the screen:

import {
    SQLite,
} from 'expo';

--->

import * as SQLite from 'expo-sqlite';

Could this be the reason?

Please note that, besides accessing old data, everything works fine. I can insert, update and delete with no problems at all.

What options do I have to carry over the data?

Thanks!

Hey!
I can’t help you with your problem as I didn’t start on v 32, but could you show me some code from your db? Like where you create the tables and use the insert functions? thanks!

Sorry for the late feedback, I wasn’t at my workplace during the weekend.
As I’ve seen in your other posts, you were able to solve the problem, right? Otherwise feel free to ask again!

1 Like

Hey @muesschrewe! Sorry for the late follow-up here, but the SQLite databases are saved under the app’s documentDirectory, which was migrated to a new directory in SDK 35 (see the changelog)

Since you upgraded to SDK 34 though, it should have automatically migrated your existing documentDirectory over

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.