Standalone iOS app missing permissions justifications

Hi, I’m deploying a standalone app to the iTunes App Store and it was rejected with the following message:

We noticed that your app requests the user’s consent to access their camera but does not clarify the use of the camera in the applicable purpose string.

From reading the docs I thought this should be covered automatically by expo. Is there anything I need to put in my app.json to specify what permissions I’m using? Also is it possible to check the .ipa file directly to see if the Info.plist is correct?

Hi @seveneightn9ne,

It should be covered, but sometimes the review process for apps is a little cryptic. Are you asking for both Camera and Camera Roll permissions?

Have you tried the solution given at this forum post? Seems like a similar issue.

Let me know if that works!
Charlie

I added my own text for NSCameraUsageDescription, NSPhotoLibraryAddUsageDescription, and NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription and my app was approved. So it seems like Apple is (at least sometimes) rejecting the defaults that Expo provides. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.