I’m about to publish a new version of my detached expo app. This version includes a new lib (with native code), I have to update android and iOS binaries in order to make it work.
Is there a specific use case or strategy concerning this update?
The obvious options I see:
- Publish the new binary on the stores
- Wait for their validation (both iOS and Android)
exp publishwhen live on stores.
- publish using a new channel (let’s say v2)
- wait for validation
- ready to go on channel v2
I guess the second option is better and safer, this way I’m sure they do not have the app break if they do not update.
Any experience, advice on that?