Trouble with expo opt-in-google-play-signing

This is my first time attempting to register this app with Google Play. I’ve created a fresh app on the Google Play Console.

After running expo opt-in-google-play-signing, the second prompt is

Go to the “App signing” tab in the Google Play console, select “Export and upload a key (not using a Java keystore)” and copy the encryption key that is listed in step 1.

However, as you can see in the screenshot, that is not an option. Do you have more general info about what this command is looking for? Google may have updated the UI such that the instructions don’t work anymore.

If it’s a brand new app, you shouldn’t even need to run that command:

If you’re deploying a new app…

1. Go to the Google Play Console and create a new application
  2. After providing a name, select the App Signing option on the sidebar, and then select Continue to allow Google Play to handle your app signing key
  3. The certificate used to sign the first APK uploaded to the store will be your upload certificate and each new release needs to be signed with it.

see the unversioned docs here for the source. I must have forgotten to make the same changes to the current version of the docs (sorry about that). I’ll update that now

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.