Trying to upload to testflight

Hi guys, i’ve created my first app and about to upload it to itunes so i can test with testflight. I am using the Application Loader and get this message when uploading my ipa (Please note that i’ve created the .app file and it works great on simulator)

What could be going wrong then?
Here is a screenshot of the error

You could try Fastlane Pilot, which we’ve found to work better than Application Loader sometimes: pilot - fastlane docs

It seems that fastlane pilot is triggering an error:

ERROR ITMS-90717: "Invalid App Store Icon. The App Store Icon in the asset catalog in 'ExpoKitApp.app' can't be transparent nor contain an alpha channel."
\nERROR ITMS-90717: "Invalid App Store Icon. The App Store Icon in the asset catalog in 'ExpoKitApp.app' can't be transparent nor contain an alpha channel."
The call to the iTMSTransporter completed with a non-zero exit status: 1. This indicates a failure.

[!] Error uploading ipa file, for more information see above
[12:14:28]: WARNING: fastlane requires your locale to be set to UTF-8. To learn more go to https://docs.fastlane.tools/getting-started/ios/setup/#set-up-environment-variables

Which is ood, since running exp build:ios -t simulator produces a working .app file. My icon is 1024x1024 and a png with no transparency. Wonder what could be wrong, i just tried with the same ipa file in application loader, and now it gives me the same error

Make sure that in your app.json you are defining the icon. if you set ios.icon this will override the initial icon key. I personally have never had a problem with icon validation as it’s usually right I need to update my icon.

Thanks. I edited the icon and flattened it in photoshop. I dont know why there would be any alpha channels in it. But i think that might have been the problem. Thank you so much for your help

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.