Tunnel URL not found, falled back to LAN URL

For these past 1-2 weeks, I cannot seem to run the expo client on the tunnel. The output when I run

> expo start --tunnel
Output:

Tunnel URL not found (it might not be ready yet), falling back to LAN URL.

Things I have tried:

1. Using different networks: University campus wifi, the hostel wifi, home wifi and my 4G hotspot.
  2. Logging into expo client before running expo start

Please I need help urgently, as Iā€™m using expo for my schoolā€™s project. Thank you!

Expo CLI 3.15.4 environment info (if necessary):
System:
Binaries:
Node: 12.9.1 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE
Yarn: 1.17.3 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yarn\bin\yarn.CMD
npm: 6.13.4 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
IDEs:
Android Studio: Version 3.5.0.0 AI-191.8026.42.35.6010548
npmPackages:
expo: ^35.0.0 => 35.0.1
react: 16.8.3 => 16.8.3
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-35.0.0.tar.gz => 0.59.8
react-navigation: ^4.2.2 => 4.2.2

1 Like

Iā€™ve had this issue after I grabbed the lastest expo-cli, 3.15.5. I believe thereā€™s a problem with the latest release and reverted back to
expo-cli 3.11.9
node 12.14.1

Try nvm install v12.14.1, it installed the version of expo-cli listed above in one command. I have see a very instances where the tunnel still doesnā€™t come up. Ctrl-C to the instance of your bundler and bring it back up with expo start should do the trick.

3 Likes

Can confirm reverting to expo-cli@3.11.9 works. Tried all the versions after it, and no dice. Iā€™m on node v13.11.0 on WSL2/Ubuntu 18.04.4.

I have the same problem here, everything was working perfectly until today.

An other problem, when I scan the QR code with an iPhone, I get this problem : ā€œno data available for this QR codeā€

I created new terminal window and ran the command expo publish in the same directory. Then I restarted with expo start and everything works fine.

Got the same issue with expo-cli@3.17.11

1 Like

I reverted back my node and expo cli to
expo-cli 3.11.9
node 12.14.1
but still I am getting the same error.

Starting project at /Users/mshikher/Documents/reactNative/GitHub/checkOnce

Expo DevTools is running at http://localhost:19002

Starting Metro Bundler on port 19001.

Tunnel URL not found, falled back to LAN URL.

Your native app is running at exp092374a8475942de845719c6d43d81c5://10.127.102.188:19000

Logs for your project will appear below. Press Ctrl+C to exit.

Whenever I run command expo start or expo start --tunnel. It shows the following error:
Tunnel URL not found (it might not be ready yet), falling back to LAN URL

Solution: I terminate the process using ā€˜ctrl cā€™ and run again . Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnā€™t . It is kinda frustating. Due to this productivity decreases as it consumes enough time to terminate adn run again and again until it works

Use ā€œexpo start --tunnelā€ to work, it works for me

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried a few different things to get this to work. Iā€™m not an expert at network communications either but I can try to point out what hasnā€™t worked for me.

• Closing VS Code and running ā€œexpo startā€
  • Restarting the expo cli with VS Code closed
  • Running ā€œexpo start --tunnelā€
  • Checking the app.json file discussed here . There was nothing in the app.json that resembled this json object.
  • Waiting 30 minutes + for the tunnel to start. (It never does, just keeps saying itā€™s failing)

Iā€™ve been using this for a few days so Iā€™m definitely not an expert but it looks like I have about a 1/10 chance of it coming online. Really wish theyā€™d get this fixed so I can test.

Make sure to check the version of expo-cli you have running. Depending on how you install it, it be listed globably and you might need to remove those versions of expo-cli before you get can the version you want going.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.