Twitter oauth with Expo?

Hi. I just started playing around with Expo. I noticed you provide OAuth sign in for Facebook via your SDK API. I was wondering if Expo would be able to handle Twitter’s 3-legged authorisation? All the client libraries I found require a standalone app and I would like to avoid ejecting at this point.

Is there a way to utilise AuthSession to do what is described here:
POST oauth/request_token | Docs | Twitter Developer Platform ?

Hi Mischa,

Yeah, I don’t think you’ll need to eject. Here’s an example using Github https://github.com/brentvatne/oauth-examples/blob/master/api/authenticateWithGithubAsync.js

Thanks for your reply thetc.

I think what trips me is the first step for Twitter which requires sending a POST request with consumer key/secret inside the header (Log in with Twitter | Docs | Twitter Developer Platform). I assume this step needs to happen before the AuthSession? Something like this:

Step 1: POST /oauth/request_token. This can be done in the background by using fetch() without any User interaction.

Step 2. Now use AuthSession for GET oauth / authenticate together with the token obtained from step 1 and follow the redirect to Twitter to allow user to sign in.

Does this make sense?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.