unable to ios dev menu after upgrading to sdk27 on expokit

The dev menu no longer appears to work after the upgrade to sdk 27 on expokit using iOS (Android works fine). Also getting the following yellow box warnings, which may be related…

Class RCTDevMenu was not exported. Did you forget to use RCT_EXPORT_MODULE()?
Class RCTCxxModule was not exported. Did you forget to use RCT_EXPORT_MODULE()?
Class EXDisabledRedBox was not exported. Did you forget to use RCT_EXPORT_MODULE()?
Class EXTest was not exported. Did you forget to use RCT_EXPORT_MODULE()?
Class EXHomeModule was not exported. Did you forget to use RCT_EXPORT_MODULE()?

1 Like

how did you upgrade to SDK 27? Just by making a new project and bringing over your JS code? or something else?

Same issue. I created a new project via create-react-native-app. After exp detach and pod-install, I cannot turn on the developer menu. cmd+r is working, while cmd+d is not. BTW, I do have “RCTWebSocket”, “DevSupport” in Podfile subspecs

tried it two ways - following the upgrade generic expokit upgrade instructions + the one time sdk27 upgrade instructions as mentioned in the blog post, as well as “undetaching” my app by removing the detached fields from app.json + ios/android folders and rerunning exp detach.

both had the same effect

update: created a new tab navigator project and detached, same errors. I’m on Xcode Version 9.2 (9C40b) if that matters

Thanks for the report - I’ll look into this. I opened an issue to track. Can you paste the version of ExpoKit from your project’s Podfile? (for example, ios/2.5.9)

:tag => "ios/2.5.9",

edit: I noticed in the issue you’re using cmd+d, but will the shake gesture (ctrl+cmd+z) still be supported? That being said cmd+d did not work for me either. I should mention this is on various ios simulators, I did not have a chance to try on a physical device (although given the warnings I would expect it to be the same result)

Hi, I’ve pushed a fix for this. You can update your ExpoKit pod dependency to ios/2.5.10 to get the fix. All the previous behavior should work (including shake gesture and ctrl+cmd+z). Be sure and re-run pod install once you make the configuration change. Let me know if that works for you.

1 Like

I have updated the ExpoKit to 2.5.10. Dev menu seems to be appearing on shake as it supposed but the warnings are still there. Some appear to be related to RN 0.55.2 but the EX... not I suppose. Should it be something to be afraid of or the migration was done wrong?

I think the warnings are innocuous, and you’re good to go. (I find them annoying as well-- we did not “forget” to use RCT_EXPORT_MODULE(), rather, we deliberately omit that macro from those modules.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.