unable to run expo web app because of ESlint

I’m developing an app for web and mobile so I’m using expo where if I run the app for android it works fine but when I want to run for web using yarn run web it showing an error.

Failed to compile.
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/react-error-overlay/lib/index.js
Line 1: ‘define’ is not defined no-undef
Line 1: ‘define’ is not defined no-undef
Line 1: ‘regeneratorRuntime’ is not defined no-undef

I already installed and configured eslint-config-universe.and also tried with below config

"env": {
    "amd": true
},

.eslintrc.js

module.exports = {
extends: ["universe","universe/node", "universe/web","universe/native"],
};

package.json

"eslintConfig": {
    "extends": ["universe","universe/node", "universe/web","universe/native"]
}

so what is the actual config for eslint for expo web so I can run expo start --web without any eslint config error

I also ran into this issue when upgrading to the latest expo-cli and filed webpack-config has unlisted dependency on eslint / eslint-config-universe · Issue #859 · expo/expo-cli · GitHub

Until this is fixed (looks like soon), you can either jump back to an older version of the cli npm install --global expo-cli@2.21.2 / yarn global add expo-cli@2.21.2 or try this workaround that worked for me (copying from my github comment because GH seemed to be down for a bit):

You can work around this issue by running expo customize:web , selecting webpack, then overriding the webpack-config version to one before the eslit config was added:

yarn add -D @expo/webpack-config@0.5.19

Alternatively, run the yarn / npm command above and create a webpack.config.js file in the root of your project with the following content:

const createExpoWebpackConfigAsync = require('@expo/webpack-config');

module.exports = async function(env, argv) {
  const config = await createExpoWebpackConfigAsync(env, argv);
  // Customize the config before returning it.
  return config;
};

Which does the same as customize:web.

Thanks for linking the issue @flgmwt, looks like a temporary fix is coming soon!

@flgmwt thanks alot for helping,do have approx idea when will be realse expo 34.

@thezulqarnain- In the next week or two, most likely.

FYI @thezulqarnain, this issue seems to be fixed for me in the latest expo-cli version: expo-cli - npm

Thanks, can you suggest auto add this plugin in babelrc

"plugins": ["@babel/plugin-transform-modules-commonjs"]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.