Unable to run on android emulator after detaching

I love using Expo, but I need to take a detaching route because I need to use a “special” library SDK which is native.

After I detach my project, I still can run my project through XDE to any real devices by sharing the link, however, when I run an emulator then open it via Device - Open in Android. it shows error message

Couldn't start project on Android: Error running adb: Error running app. Have you installed the app already using Android Studio? Since you are detached you must build manually. Error: Activity not started, unable to resolve Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=exp4c7f8cb84e72493ebe14ce239878d1a7://jd-x9r.richard2703.frontend-expo.exp.direct flg=0x10000000 }

Then, I follow the instruction by starting it manually using react-native run-android , but I got these error

A problem occurred evaluating project ':app'.
> Project with path ':exponentview' could not be found in project ':app'.

The problem occurs on my build.gradle file

Is this expected behavior?

Hello! Sorry about this issue. It’s a symptom of our name change. We’re pushing out a fix soon but for now if you install exp version 34.2.0 it should work.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

So if, I already detach my codes from expo, I need to somehow re-attached it again, install exp version 34.2.0 as you mentioned then, re-detach it using the newly installed exp?

Yes we don’t have a great upgrade/downgrade path right now. If you delete the ios, android, and .expo-source directories and remove isDetached from exp.json you should be able to try again.

Thanks for the help Jesse, much appreciated.

So, is this issue fixed in expo version 37? Or do you know when this is going to be fixed? Is there a blog I should be watching?

exp version 37.0.1 should fix this for detaching with SDK 15. Here is a good place to ask! Detaching is new and broke when we went through are name change but should be more stable going forward.

Not able to run on android emulator, Getting error as below

Couldn't start project on Android: Error running adb: Error running app. Have you installed the app already using Android Studio? Since you are detached you must build manually. Error: Activity not started, unable to resolve Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=exp541dbd63c960476293add8413e84ece8://p7-z7i.mayurizingadecl.evo-mobileservice.exp.direct:80 flg=0x10000000 }

My package.json dependencies are as below.

"dependencies": {
    "@expo/samples": "^2.0.2",
    "expo": "^19.0.0",
    "fast-html-parser": "^1.0.1",
    "firebase": "^4.2.0",
    "moment": "^2.18.1",
    "node-libs-react-native": "^1.0.1",
    "pako": "^1.0.5",
    "react": "16.0.0-alpha.12",
    "react-addons-update": "^15.6.0",
    "react-native": "https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-19.0.0.tar.gz",
}

Suggest me, whether I need to upgrade any of the above modules. Above channel discussion made me think of dependency versions.

Did you follow these instructions?

The step to do after having build the project with Android Studio :

Click on the launch icon

• Capture%20du%202018-10-30%2016-57-27

Select your target, and then the project will run again.

This step was not specified in the doc, AFAIK

Expo is a trash … with demo examples from Expo not working … Just once works … and now:

Couldn’t start project on Android: Error running adb: Error running app. Have you installed the app already using Android Studio? Since you are detached you must build manually. Error: Activity not started, unable to resolve Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=exp7fb6ef7dd6b047d3962cdebe46516149://192.168.2.101:19000 flg=0x10000000 }

Expo is very bad …

I’m abandoning …