Unable to start app (ERROR)

Started by using expo init app and used bare-minimum typescript template

Installing "/Users/_/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/contacttracing-fdcrlrqqkxyaqacqgopsbcmcvdaj/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/contacttracing.app"
An error was encountered processing the command (domain=IXUserPresentableErrorDomain, code=1):
This app could not be installed at this time.
Could not install at this time.
Failed to chmod /Users/_/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/BBD56789-2FCB-41C2-85E9-06FFE1077F19/data/Bundle/Application/9E4E51D1-3818-4841-8921-C4D0AAD09F7F/contacttracing.app/contacttracing : No such file or directory
Underlying error (domain=MIInstallerErrorDomain, code=4):
	Failed to chmod /Users/_/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/BBD56789-2FCB-41C2-85E9-06FFE1077F19/data/Bundle/Application/9E4E51D1-3818-4841-8921-C4D0AAD09F7F/contacttracing.app/contacttracing : No such file or directory
info Launching "org.name.contacttracing"
error Failed to launch the app on simulator, An error was encountered processing the command (domain=FBSOpenApplicationServiceErrorDomain, code=1):
The request to open "org.name.contacttracing" failed.
The request was denied by service delegate (SBMainWorkspace) for reason: NotFound ("Application "org.name.contacttracing" is unknown to FrontBoard").
Underlying error (domain=FBSOpenApplicationErrorDomain, code=4):
	The operation couldn’t be completed. Application "org.name.contacttracing" is unknown to FrontBoard.
	Application "org.name.contacttracing" is unknown to FrontBoard.

I get this error when I run yarn ios. I’ve tried to clear the simulator’s data and restarted it.

What is front board and is my bundle identifier broken??? Expo works when I’m in a managed workflow :slight_smile:

Here is the xcode signing section:

Hey,

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution ?

me to i have this problem since I create new project using barflow .

• pod installed
  • xcode also cant build the app, msg no permission for file .

ineed to know if there problem or i had to create react native app or what ?

1 Like

Same issue here with expo init app and bare-minimum typescript template

make sure you’re using the latest version of xcode, and clean your build