Unable to Validate Apple Credentials

After I entered my IOS p12 file path, and password, I got the below error. Please help

Unable to validate credentials. Request ID abac6480-88a6-11e7-b926-ed3c4e98fbf3, message: Internal error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support.

Iā€™m also getting this error repeatedly. Latest one:

? Certificate P12 password: *************
[exp] Validating distribution certificate...
[exp] Error validating credentials. You may need to clear them (with `-c`) and try again.
[exp] Unable to validate credentials. Request ID 15a88300-88b6-11e7-95c5-15a7cfeaddc8, message: Internal error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support.

The company Iā€™m working for already has a number of certs and profiles so I canā€™t just ask them to delete every one of them and start again.

Is there any way to get more detailed error reporting from within Expo on this? I love the product but this is making it unusable. Was really hoping to avoid having to eject it at this stage. Android builds are fine fwiw.

@trungtrungkang it looks like this was due to a temporary space issue on our build machines. Weā€™re resolving the underlying bug thatā€™s filling the disks up very soon, and currently thereā€™s space to run your build. Can you try again?

Sorry for the delay here @rrathod. Have you tried again recently? There was an error installing the certificate and I expect it may have been due to a temporary problem with the build machines. Are you uploading your own p12 file?

@phuna can you provide a build ID for this?

@jaymzcampbell sorry for the vague error message here. It looks like your Apple credentials donā€™t have permissions to confirm that the certificate/private key are installed on your dev center account. While not strictly necessary, we do this validation to ensure that youā€™ll be able to correctly submit the IPA once weā€™ve built it for you.

Weā€™re currently doing a bunch of work to: a) improve error messages, b) support building without having these permissions to Appleā€™s API, and c) reuse certs youā€™ve already provided us across applications. Hopefully most of this work will be done in the next few months. Keep an eye on our release notes!

2 Likes

@dikaiosune I just tried again - same problem. Iā€™m uploading my own p12 file.

@dikaiosune thanks for the reply!

i had the team owner change my level from member to admin for now to try that out and build:ios started to work and the build is now in progress.

so to others - if youā€™re not the team owner and you get this error it is worth checking just what level your account is for the team. member it seems is not enough.

Iā€™m having the same issues. Failing to either login with my credentials, or to generate a certificate.

This request-id failed when trying to generate the distribution cert: 2cc45720-8b32-11e7-b2ca-e7405f431729

This request-id failed already when trying to login with my credentials: 8500b050-8b32-11e7-8d18-2d1d703ec004

Glad for any support!

Iā€™ve tried to build iOS for the whole day but finally did not success!!!

$ exp build:ios -c
[exp] Checking if current build exists...

[exp] No currently active or previous builds for this project.
[exp] Checking for existing Apple credentials...

We need your Apple ID/password to manage certificates and provisioning profiles from your Apple Developer account.
? What's your Apple ID? XXXXX
? Password? XXXXX
? What is your Apple Team ID (you can find that on this page: https://developer.apple.com/account/#/membership)? XXXXX
[exp] Validating Apple credentials...
[exp] Credentials valid.

? Do you already have a distribution certificate you'd like us to use,
or do you want us to manage your certificates for you? true
[exp] Generating distribution certificate...
[exp] Error validating credentials. You may need to clear them (with `-c`) and try again.
[exp] Unable to fetch distribution certificate. Request ID c5dc4f40-8b4a-11e7-8d18-2d1d703ec004, message: Internal error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support.

Please help!

Hey, I am running into the same issue. Android build works fine. Issue with iOS as above

Validating Apple credentialsā€¦
[exp] Error validating credentials. You may need to clear them (with -c) and try again.
[exp] Unable to validate credentials. Request ID db9e1d30-8b4b-11e7-8d18-2d1d703ec004, message: Internal error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes or contact support.

I tried after cleaning the credentials as well using the -c option

Any pointers?

having the same isssue with ios

Our server running these requests is out of space, we will restart the server as soon as possible. Really sorry about this.

I am really waiting for this.

We restarted the server on Sunday, can you try again and let me know if it works? If it doesnā€™t, please send me your build id and Iā€™ll take a look.

it worked, sorry forgot to reply. it worked on sunday, Thanks!

1 Like

Still not working for me T.T

Also Why is this happening? I build:android but terminal says building ios bundle previously.

If you provide me your build ID I can help you take a look at logs.

Unable to validate credentials. Request ID 298464f0-8c0f-11e7-bfe2-17c991b601e0, message: Two-factor authentication isnā€™t supported (yet ā€“ stay tuned!).

Here it is!