Uncaught Error: java.net.ConnectException: Failed to connect to /192.168.31.231:19000

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 3.28.5
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

I normally do npm start and run on the Android device with QR code. Now all of a sudden I’m getting a blue background screen with the message “Something went wrong” and View Error Log says :

Uncaught Error: java.net.ConnectException: Failed to connect to /192.168.31.231:19000

But the react-native app is working as its loading on the iOS simulator. So what went wrong on my Android’s expo app ?

Getting the same thing after updating to expo-cli@4.0.6.

192.168.31.231:19000 returns a JSON string.

In FireFox, a URL returning JSON would be shown nicely formatted natively - without using an extension like its required in Chrome. But 192.168.31.231:19000 shows in plain text - without the nicely formatted output. So not sure if this is a expo bug or not.

I just fixed mine. For some odd reason my ip address randomly changed after like 2 years. Double check your local IP address that runs expo. To change it in windows, check out this SO post: React Native Expo change default LAN IP - Stack Overflow

Im on macOS Mojave and I don’t see how my local address could’ve changed in the last few days. And Im not using a virtual box.

I’m with the same error. Have you fixed it? If so, please help me. Thanks.

I am not sure if this an expo error or a network issue with the computer. Either way, I am still not able to get this rectified on my device, so I am using iOS simulator.

1 Like

Okay
Thank you for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.