Unsupported SDK version: our app builders don't have support for 33.0.0 version yet. Submitting the app to the Google Play Store may result in an unexpected behaviour

I am unable to build the apk from morning.
expo diagnostics => Expo CLI 3.1.2 environment info:
System:
Shell: 5.3 - /bin/zsh
Binaries:
Node: 10.16.3 - /usr/local/bin/node
Yarn: 1.19.1 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
npm: 6.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/npm
IDEs:
Android Studio: 3.5 AI-191.8026.42.35.5900203
Xcode: /undefined - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ^33.0.0 => 33.0.7
react: ^16.9.0 => 16.9.0
react-native: ^0.60.5 => 0.60.5
react-navigation: ^3.11.1 => 3.11.1
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.1.2

Is anyone know, the reason behind this? Need this ASAP //@jess

1 Like

Hi @gangadharswami, this is because we dropped support for SDK33 when we released SDK 37 this week. We routinely drop SDK versions that have low usage in order to reduce the number of versions that we need to support.

As usual, standalone apps built with SDK 33 will continue to work; however, SDK 33 projects will no longer work within the latest version of the Expo client.

If you want to re-run expo build, you’ll need to upgrade from SDK 33, preferably to SDK 37 so you won’t need to update again for a while (and also because each Expo version is better than the last!).

1 Like

@jess Thanks for your replay. Could you please tell me How can I upgrade from SDK 33 to SDK 37 ?

Thanks !

1 Like

Each SDK’s release notes have upgrade instructions. Strongly recommend that you upgrade one version at a time to prevent any issues. Skipping upgrades on any kind of software is dangerous business – take it from someone who once wound up sobbing in front of an Apple store because she skipped a version during upgrade.

That is:

• Start by upgrading to SDK34, following the upgrade instructions and minding the breaking changes that are listed in the SDK34 release notes.
  • Repeat for 35, then for 36, then finally 37.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.