Update crashes on Android randomly

Hi,
We developed an app using Expo, and successfully uploaded it to play store.
Later we uploaded and update.
The problem is the update crashes on random cases. When we try to open the app, it starts with the splash screen, and after a few seconds it closes, and the device show an error message “The app keeps stopping”.
If I delete the application’s data from the settings, it sometimes solves the problem, and the app works perfectly.
Sometimes I need to delete the app, and reinstall it from Playstore.
There are no patterns when this problem occours. We tried it with two different samsung s10 devices, with the same os (android 10). The app works on each, and not on the other. Other android versions and phone models also affected.
Do you have any idea what causes this problem? What additional information do you need?
Thank you for your help,
Ervin

Expo CLI 3.24.2 environment info:
System:
Binaries:
Node: 12.18.2 - xxxxxxxxxxxx/nodejs\node.EXE
npm: 6.14.8 - xxxxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\npm\npm.CMD
npmPackages:
expo: ^38.0.9 => 38.0.9
react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-38.0.2.tar.gz => 0.62.2
react-navigation: ^3.13.0 => 3.13.0

Hey @smartitory,

I would follow our guide on debugging production errors and see if that sheds any light on the issue. Debugging - Expo Documentation

Reproducing it locally would be the best course of action. Another thought is to create a new project, set up updates and see if the crash occurs with the new project as well. Would help determine if this is project-related or module-related.

Cheers,
Adam

Not a solution, because in production mode everything is ok

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.