Upgrade to expo 24.0.0 fails when making testflight build

I’m trying to make a new testflight build, new version and build number, and keep getting this in the final app (but not in XDE / Expo Client) :slight_smile:

Error : Application main has not been registered

In addition, the app icon is distorted during the loading screen, oddly zoomed in on one portion of the 1024x1024 icon, which is the first time I’ve seen that.

I’ve made sure no other builds are running, tried with XDE closed, and still can’t get past this error. exp build:ios works, but the resulting build can’t load up, even though the project works in XDE.

Exp cli version 47.4.0

“sdkVersion”: “24.0.0” in app.json

1 Like

Firstly, to test how the build will run in production you can run exp start --no-dev --minify

In SDK 24 we have a Splash Screen API, I would recommend upgrading your app.json: https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/guides/splash-screens.html#content

X-Post: Finally if you get this error during a local build then you could try restarting your terminal / killing other running processes (or just restart your computer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

The exp start --no-dev --minify suggestion is helpful - thank you

1 Like

Also - looks like the splash screen suggestion fixed that issue. My build still doesn’t load but I am zeroing in on the problems !

1 Like

OK figured it out. exp start --no-dev --minify was very helpful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.